Product added to cart
Bully Sticks for Puppies
Puppies love to chew, it's a natural behavior and important part of their development.
If you're wondering if you can give your puppy bully sticks, the short answer is yes, but there are some things to keep in mind.
Considerations for Puppies:
- Puppies may not have fully developed chewing and swallowing abilities
- Younger pups have weaker immune systems
- Puppies can double in size quickly
- Excessive treats can lead to weight gain and other health issues
About Bully Sticks:
- High protein/high calorie treat
- Can cause digestive upset in some puppies
- Choking hazard with smaller pieces
Benefits of Bully Sticks:
- Prevent destructive chewing
- Satisfy chewing needs and keep puppies entertained
- Help strengthen jaw muscles
- Promote dental health
- Easily digestible compared to rawhide
- High in protein essential for growth
Guidelines for Feeding Bully Sticks:
- Wait until your puppy is at least 12 weeks old. IDeally we'd say about 6 months old.
- Choose an appropriate size and thickness for your puppy's breed.
- Feed in moderation, for example, 1/2 a stick at a time.
- Consider a bull stick holder to prevent choking such as a qwizl
- Take the bully stick away when it gets too small and could be a choking hazard.
- Consult with your veterinarian before feeding your puppy any natural products or raw treats.
Recommended Bully Sticks for Puppies: